- Gottfried Zimmermann, Professor, Stuttgart Media University
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: All Levels
- Type of session: General Conference
At Stuttgart Media University, we are starting a campaign on automatically checking the contents of internal online courses on a voluntary basis. At the time of the AHG conference, first evaluation results will be available and shared with the audience. There will be also time for Q&A.
Draft outline: (1) Introduction on online courses at Stuttgart Media University and the need for digital accessibility (2) Introduction on automatic website monitoring tools and siteimprove (3) The situation before the campaign * Degree of accessibility in online courses – automatically detectable barriers vs. other barriers * Teachers’ expertise and attitudes (4) The campaign * Stakeholders * Awareness building and training * Continuous monitoring and results (5) Impact of the campaign (as of October 2021) * Degree of accessibility in online courses – automatically detectable barriers vs. other barriers * Teachers’ expertise and attitudes (6) Lessons Learned (7) Q&A
- Hypothesis 1: Automatic online course monitoring can improve their accessibility levels
- Hypothesis 2: Accessibility improvements are on both categories – automatically detectable and other barriers
- Hypothesis 3: Automatic online course monitoring can increase awareness for accessibility among teachers
Accessible Course Design, Accessible Educational Materials, Administrative/Campus Policy, Faculty Development & Support, Institutional/Campus Change, Legal, Research, Uncategorized, Web/Media Access
Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann is professor of mobile user interaction at the Stuttgart Media University, Germany. He is passionate for digital accessibility in research, teaching and standardization. Leading the Competence Center on Digital Accessibility at Stuttgart Media University, he is involved in various research projects on personalized user interfaces and "inclusive responsiveness". He is an ACM Senior Member, and author of numerous publications and international standards.