Scheduled at 8:00am in Standley I (Adobe Lab) on Thursday, November 21.#29254
- Rob Haverty, Senior Program Manager, Accessibility, Adobe
- Length of Session: 2-hr
- Format: Lab
- Expertise Level: Expert
- Type of session: General Conference
Making PDF Forms accessible can be a challenging task. Choosing whether to create form fields in a tagged PDF or create them prior to tagging only adds to the confusion. Each has its advantages and challenges. In this session, we will learn how to create accessible PDF Forms using Acrobat Pro DC and explore the differences between the approaches.
This class is for those who have some experience in working in Acrobat Pro DC to fix inaccessible PDF documents. The focus is on creating the form fields not creating a well-tagged PDF document. Key elements will include: • Choosing whether to tag before or after adding the form fields. • How the Hierarchy of Tasks applies to forms. • The difference between auto-generating form fields vs. manually creating them. • How to use the Prepare Form tool. • Understanding how to correctly tag the added form fields. This is a hands-on, lab style course so come prepared to do some work. There will be little to no lecture, just demos and practice. Participants will receive a USB drive at the beginning of the session with the practice materials. The goal for this training is to build on the accessible PDF knowledge participants already have and provide the additional skills necessary to create an accessible PDF form.
- How to choose the best approach to creating an accessible PDF Form
- How to create Form field tags
- Creating an accessible form for use in multiple Adobe applications such as, Acrobat and Adobe Sign
Accessible Educational Materials, Alternate Format, Faculty Instruction/Accessible Course Design, Uncategorized
Rob Haverty is a Senior Program Manager for Accessibility at Adobe with a focus on Document Cloud and PDF accessibility. Rob holds over 20 years of accessibility experience, and previously worked at Microsoft, focusing on product development, technical evangelism, and policy and standards development.
- Accessible PDF Forms - Adding Form Fields to a Tagged PDF (pptx)
- CEU_AccreditationForm-Organization(2) - final (pdf)
- CEU_AccreditationForm-Organization(2) - no form fields - tagged (pdf)
- Accessible PDF Forms - Adding Form Fields to an Untagged PDF (pptx)
- CEU_AccreditationForm-Organization - Final (pdf)
- CEU_AccreditationForm-Organization - Untagged - delete (pdf)
- CEU_AccreditationForm-Organization - Untagged (pdf)
- EX1b - Form Simple - Final (pdf)
- EX1b - Form Simple - Print No Tags delete (pdf)
- EX1b - Form Simple - Print No Tags (pdf)