Scheduled at 4:00pm in Waverly on Thursday, November 16.#9244
- Bill Curtis-Davidson, Senior Director of Strategic Consulting and Training Services, Level Access
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: All Levels
- Type of session: General Conference
This presentation outlines how to navigate the planning and implementation of a web accessibility initiative at a large, public institution where a diverse and decentralized web landscape offers challenges for implementing accessibility evaluation, reporting, and training approaches.
Many educational clients have partnered with Level Access to assess the accessibility of their digital assets and provide the tools, training and guidance to achieve and maintain compliance with WCAG 2.0 Level AA and the Section 508 Refresh requirements. To support our educational clients’ goals of self-sufficiency in managing and maintaining accessibility internally over the longer term, Level Access develops a comprehensive three-year strategy that will define the educational client’s organization and governance structure. Level Access will share details of two products that assist higher education institutions in gathering the data necessary to develop a strategy for retrofitting their websites and applications for accessibility: Access Discovery and Access Blueprint.
- Level Access will share with you their innovative approach to jump starting a digital accessibility program at your institution.
- Level Access will help you understand how important building a risk and prioritization model specific to your institution is in helping to determine the relative priority of remediation with specific systems.
- Level Access will help you understand how to build a detailed implementation plan for rolling out the policy and standards across your institution’s operations.
Cognitive/Learning, Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Mobility
Administrative/Campus Policy, Assistive Technology, Including Accessibility in Curriculum, Uncategorized, Web/Media Access
As Senior Director of Strategic Consulting and Training Services for Level Access, Bill Curtis-Davidson brings over 20 years of experience working in strategic user experience (UX) design and digital accessibility consulting. Bill joined Level Access after working for 15 years with IBM as a UX and Digital Accessibility Consultant, Business Development Executive and Executive Architect. Prior to that, he worked as a Digital Accessibility Researcher and adjunct faculty at Georgia Tech. Bill has helped dozens of companies plan, implement and manage their digital accessibility operations. He has been involved in advising numerous government advisory committees, standards development organizations, and industry associations.