Scheduled at 4:00pm in WB IV on Thursday November, 17.#4608
- Christopher Phillips, EIT Accessibility Coordinator, Utah State University
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: All Levels
- Type of session: General Conference
How you refer to accessibility can have a big impact on perceptions the effectiveness of your efforts. The presentation will look at different strategies of branding accessibility and increasing awareness across campus.
How you refer to principles of accessibility and universal design can have a tremendous impact on how effective your efforts are. When establishing an accessibility initiative on your campus, an important step is to consider what language and branding you will use to promote awareness and understanding. The session will present findings from looking at campus accessibility across the country and best practices in promoting accessibility.
- A review of accessibility marketing initiatives across a number of campuses.
- Effectiveness of different accessibility awareness efforts.
- How you can learn from others to effectively market accessibility.
Christopher Phillips is the Electronic and Information Technology (EIT) Coordinator at Utah State University (USU). He has a background in product management, special education, and instructional design.