Scheduled at 8:00am in Standley II Lab on Thursday, November 21 (2019).#30074
- Wink Harner, Assistive Technology Consultant, The Foreign Type
- Length of Session: 2-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: All Levels
- Type of session: General Conference
A practical how to guide on setting up training modules for students and others on Dragon Naturally Speaking from initial training, through dictation practice to program operation by command, creating macros, dictating math, and using voice navigation.
This presentation will offer both new and experienced users the groundwork on how to set up the program and train others on how to use Dragon Naturally Speaking for single users as well as Adaptive Technology Lab configurations for multiple users (i.e., how to handle multiple users). From basic training to step-by step lessons dictation practice in Microsoft word, emails and filling in PDF forms by voice, to using Dragon NS commands for hands-free voice navigation and math dictation (requiring Math Talk and Scientific Notebook). Links to training manuals, User Guide and additional training will be available in this workshop.
- 1. Basic Training – How to set up training modules & how to create your own training manual for students an
- 2. Practice Dictating – How to maximize the dictation session success
- 3. Mouseless computer operation – How to use Dragon NS for voice navigation
All Areas, Cognitive/Learning, Mobility, Psychological, Vision
Assistive Technology, Information Resources, Other, Uncategorized
Wink Harner - Has been an active member of ATHEN for a number of years and is currently serving on the Executive Board as Member-At-Large. Wink was recently invited as the keynote speaker for the 2019 Texas AHEAD conference. She is the former director of disability services at Mesa Community College in Arizona, the Adaptive Technology Specialist for the DR office at Southern Oregon University, and is currently doing freelance adaptive technology consulting and highly specialized alternative text conversions in math, sciences and foreign languages. She has been a professor of multiple languages for more than 25 years and since August 2016, she has been teaching the assistive technology in higher education core courses for CUNY's Masters in Disability Studies Program.
- Dragon Professional Individual and Dragon Legal Individual Workbook
- Dragon Professional Individual Command Cheat Sheet - ct-dragon-professional-individual-en-us
- Dragon Professional Individual Command Cheat Sheet
- gd-dragon-professional-workbook-en-us (3)
- McClella_OT_0620_1U - MathTalkManual
- Training your Dragon