- Adrian Ricketts, Specialist, Chattanooga State Community College
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: Beginner
- Type of session: General Conference
How-to create accessible digital content that will amaze.
When we started our journey, it was about making our online digital content accessible. The unexpected result was that the accessible content was much more engaging. This session will cover our journey to fully accessible online content.
- Attendees will gain an understanding of how to make various content types accessible and engaging.
- Our perspective on UDL and Accessibility will be presented.
- The challenges in making digital content accessible will be addressed.
Accessible Course Design, Alternate Format, Teaching about Accessibility in Curriculum, Uncategorized, Web/Media Access
Adrian Ricketts is a specialist in Academic Resources at Chattanooga State Community College. She works with faculty on a daily basis to help them create well designed accessible content for their courses. She also develops training materials to train faculty and staff how to make their content accessible. She works with her department to present solutions to the faculty and staff of the college to meet the new accessibility law in Tennessee.