Scheduled at 2:15pm in Denver 4-6 on Thursday, November 9.#38178
- Erik Ducker, Senior Director of Product Marketing, 3Play Media
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: Beginner
- Type of session: General Conference
In this session, we will cover the basics of live captioning. We will provide an overview of the primary types of live captioning and ways to ensure you are choosing the right captioning service based on your needs.
With the rise of virtual events, online courses, and webinars, it's more important than ever to ensure that your content is accessible for everyone. One crucial element of accessibility is live captioning, which can make a significant difference for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing. In this session, we will cover the basics of live captioning, including the different types of captioning, and how to choose the right captioning service for your needs. Whether you're new to live to caption or have some experience but want to improve your skills, this session is for you!
- Understand the importance of live captioning for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Overview of popular live captioning options in higher education.
- Learn how to identify and implement the best live captioning option into your online content.
Deaf/Hard of Hearing
Erik Ducker is the Senior Director of Product Marketing at 3Play Media, where he leads market research and go-to-market execution for new services. Previously, he was Director of Product Management at Brightcove where he led the product team building new video applications for enterprise and media companies. Erik has helped 100s of companies execute engaging and accessible video campaigns for a variety of applications. Erik is actively involved in the small community of speedskating in Minnesota, serving on the board of directors for the largest speedskating club in the country.