Scheduled at 9:00am in Meadowbrook II on Tuesday, November 19 (2019).#29644
- Derek Featherstone, Manager, Marketing Programs, Level Access
- Length of Session: 5-6-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: Intermediate
- Type of session: Pre-conference
There are two types of inclusion that we need to address with our work in the digital space: inclusion that allows people with disabilities to effectively use products, and inclusion of people with disabilities in the process of design itself. In this workshop, you’ll get the insights you need to improve both.
In order to do accessibility well, you need two things: knowledge and skills. This workshop brings you both. You’ll learn how to implement accessibility into all phases of the web design and production lifecycle. You’ll examine and unpack your own process to understand how to align it with the needs of people with a wide variety of disabilities. And, you’ll journey side by side with Derek Featherstone through inclusive design activities that you can take back to your work and apply immediately to improve the quality of what you and your team produce.
There will be healthy doses of hands-on work, as well as opportunities to discuss the processes needed in order to kickstart a sustainable practice of inclusion in your organization.
- Understand the difference between accessibility and inclusive design
- Learn practical techniques for making your designs more inclusive
- Learn how to measure and improve inclusion in your design and development process
Accessible Course Design, Accessible Educational Materials, Administrative/Campus Policy, Uncategorized
N/A - submitter only