Presented at 2:15pm in Matchless on Wednesday, November 8, 2023.#38017
- William Kilian, Software Architect, PDF/UA, TargetStream Technologies
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: All Levels
- Type of session: General Conference
In this session, learn about the challenges, both foreseeable and surprising, that one encounters when performing large scale PDF/UA remediation. Also learn some techniques to resolve those challenges.
Enterprise PDF/UA remediation involves many challenges that one should expect, including issues with remediation at scale and issues with dynamic document contents and layout. Enterprise PDF/UA remediation also involves technical challenges that one may not expect, for example: weird encodings, missing spaces, and how PDF ActualText works – or doesn’t. You’ll learn about these expected and unexpected challenges and how software can help solve them.
- Enterprise remediation presents unique challenges.
- Dynamic documents can be subdivided into sections to address the accessibility of each section independently.
- Certain document features require specific solutions to achieve accessibility.
Accessible Course Design, Accessible Educational Materials, Assistive Technology, Teaching about Accessibility in Curriculum, Uncategorized, Web/Media Access
William Kilian is a Software Architect at TargetStream Technologies. He has over a decade of experience as TargetStream's senior Software Architect for PDF/UA. In that role, he has created solutions for PDF/UA remediation. He works with clients large and small all around the world to help them remediate documents with complex dynamic layouts to create accessible PDF/UA output.