Scheduled at 9:15am in WB IV on Wednesday, November 15 (2017).#9117
- Kim Phillips, Manager, Marketing Programs, Level Access
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: All Levels
- Type of session: General Conference
This session will cover key developments in digital accessibility laws, technology updates, and projections for future trends and timelines.
Are you aware of the legal risks associated with Digital Accessibility at your institution? Are you aware of the lawsuits in the higher education space related to access to course materials for students? Are you concerned that your institution might be exposed to legal risk and unaware of the consequences?
In our Digital Accessibility Trends session SSB will focus on key digital accessibility trends and developments in the education sector. We will share the current state in the education sector regarding lawsuits, legal actions, OCR claims and provide insight into future projections for the market. Additionally, we will provide a view into the latest technologies as well as a detailed look at the laws and regulations that impact educational institutions.
- Overview of the accessibility environment, including a view into recent lawsuits impacting education
- Big picture trends and numbers
- Overview of the various laws and regulations that need to be considered as an institution of higher learning
Cognitive/Learning, Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Mobility, Vision
Assistive Technology, Uncategorized, Web/Media Access
N/A - submitter only
- Digital Accessibility Trends for Education
Digital Accessibility Trends for Education Slide Deck by Level Access