Presented at 2:15pm in Lakehouse on Thursday, November 15, 2018.#17351
- Justin Stockton, Senior Accessibility Analyst, The Paciello Group
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: All Levels
- Type of session: General Conference
Frameworks like React, Angular and Vue allow developers to build reusable components. We’ll look at different types of components and highlight the techniques needed to reuse them in an accessible manner.
Frameworks like React, Angular and Vue allow developers to build reusable interactive components. Even if we build our individual components to be accessible, what problems arise when we integrate multiple components in a single view or nest multiple components inside one another? We’ll look at three types of components and learn how the interactions between components can have unintended consequences.
- The accessibility of a component can change if reused incorrectly
- How components should be used needs to be communicated to the team
- Team members must always question whether the right component is being used for the task
Uncategorized, Web/Media Access
Justin has been working as a developer focused on building accessible websites since 2001. Over the years his pragmatic approach to building applications led him to Agile and Scrum as a way of eliminating the long nights that often came from waterfall projects.