Scheduled at 11:15am in Standley II Lab on Wednesday, November 16 (2016).#4962
- Kim Phillips, Manager, Marketing Programs, Level Access
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Expertise Level: Expert
- Type of session: General Conference
The best time to think about accessibility is during planning and development, and this session will walk you through the most common and easy to avoid mistakes so you can save time and money.
A successful IT project is one that bakes in accessibility from the planning stages. But even if you’ve already started, this talk will help you identify accessibility dependencies and vulnerabilities so you can avoid costly delays. Get an overview of the accessibility guidelines and best practices for design elements, forms, error messages, tables, page tabs, headings and more. Finally, learn how to test your project using the same devices and assistive technology as your users to ensure a great user experience for all.
- Understand accessibility mistakes that can be avoided with proper planning.
- Understand the standards and best practices to help avoid coding errors.
- Understand how user testing with assistive technology ensures the best user experience.
Cognitive/Learning, Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Mobility, Vision
Assistive Technology, Information Technology, Web/Media Access
N/A - submitter only