Presented at 2:15pm in Governors Square 15 on Wednesday, November 17, 2021.#34091
- Chad Chelius, Vice-President ADTraining (Global), AbleDocs
- Length of Session: 2-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: Beginner
- Type of session: General Conference
Techniques and strategies to check, remediate, and validate PDFs for compliance with the PDF/UA-1 accessibility standards.
Learn key techniques that will help remediate PDFs, including: • Use Acrobat’s accessibility checker and PAC3 checker to check files • Evaluate tag trees for compliance, understand what passes and what needs remediation • Edit tags • Add tags to an existing PDF • OCR and add tags to scanned PDFs • Check the different reading orders in PDFs • Complete the metadata and document properties • Preflight and validate a PDF with the PDF/UA-1 medallion Class is full of helpful tips and strategies to help you make better decisions, including when to outsource remediation to professionals or send the file back to the author for corrections.
- Includes step-by-step instructions of various methods and tools.
- Reviews software programs for remediating PDFs.
- Shows how to preflight, validate, and add the PDF/UA-1 medallion to PDFs.
Accessible Educational Materials, Other, Uncategorized