Scheduled at 4:00pm in Windsor on Thursday, November 16 (2017).#9128
- Kevin Rydberg, Senior Digital Accessibility Consultant, Siteimprove
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: All Levels
- Type of session: General Conference
The OCR resolution process has a tendency to induce panic in educators nationwide. This presentation will give you the perspective you need to not only get through a resolution, but to build a scalable process for your unique needs.
Educational institutions have a large incentive to work towards compliance with accessibility standards. In the quest to provide information to students, teachers, and community members, it’s possible you’ll find your institution involved in the OCR resolution process. Kevin Rydberg, Senior Digital Accessibility Consultant with Siteimprove, will offer strategies for building a process to work through OCR resolution, no matter what your needs. He will discuss topics like:
- How access to resources, training, and technologies can affect your approach to an OCR resolution. - Plans for creating a scalable process that works for your institution’s specific needs. - Accessibility as a cultural issue and how changing perspectives affect the resolution process.
Accessing Higher Ground attendees will leave with a firmer understanding of how to approach an OCR resolution, as well as the tools they’ll need to build a strategic plan to achieve ongoing accessibility compliance.
- Schools affected by OCR resolution are at different stages, with distinct training and technology resources.
- Schools need to be sure their process for OCR resolution is scalable.
- We are changing a culture. Everything from technology to education will be affected in one way or another.
Administrative/Campus Policy, Legal, Uncategorized
Kevin Rydberg is responsible for guiding and supporting businesses and organizations on their journeys to create accessible websites. With more than 15 years of experience in the multimedia and web development space, including enterprise redesign and accessibility overhauls, Kevin is a critical partner for Siteimprove customers when it comes to creating successful and sustainable accessibility programs. Kevin has spoken at international conferences and events, most recently at the Guelph Accessibility Conference at the University of Guelph in Ontario.