Scheduled at 9:15am in Standley I Lab on Friday, November 18 (2016).#4947
- Rob Haverty, Senior Program Manager, Accessibility, Adobe
- Length of Session: 2-hr
- Expertise Level: Expert
- Type of session: General Conference
Interactive session providing advanced techniques on creating accessible PDF documents
This session is ideal for educators, government employees, the business community, and anyone creating PDF documents.
Experts in PDF accessibility will be guiding attendees through techniques to make your PDF documents accessible. This session is intended to be interactive with directed techniques demonstrated for practice as well as the opportunity for attendees to get their most pressing questions about creating accessible PDF documents answered.
Covered topics will include, but are not limited to, tags, logical reading order, and scanned documents. To get the most out of the sessions participants are encouraged to bring their laptops in order to participate in using the techniques shared.
- Understanding PDF Accessibility
- Practical Application of Accessibility Techniques for PDF
- How to Fix an Inaccessible PDF Document
Accessible Course Design, Administrative/Campus Policy, Alternate Format, Legal, Web/Media Access
Rob Haverty is a Senior Program Manager for Accessibility at Adobe with a focus on Document Cloud and PDF accessibility. Rob holds over 20 years of accessibility experience, and previously worked at Microsoft, focusing on product development, technical evangelism, and policy and standards development.
- ahg-advanced-techniques-for-pdf-accessibility (zip)
- ahg-advanced-techniques-for-pdf-accessibility (pptx)