Scheduled at 9:15am in Cotton Creek I on Friday, November 16 (2018).#17205
- Gerard Cohen, Lead Accessibility Strategist, Wells Fargo
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: Beginner
- Type of session: General Conference
In this presentation, I go throughout history to meet famous people/events that have helped shaped accessibility, and look forward to see what's to come.
This is a fun, media-heavy presentation that is suitable for all audiences, regardless of experience or knowledge of web accessibility. The hope is to educate and inspire attendees to use their creativity to help improve the human experience.
- Learn about key people and events in the past that helped shape accessibility
- Get an update on the current day status of accessibility
- Look into the future to see how technology will make things better
Uncategorized, Web/Media Access
"Do you ask a dolphin how it swims, or an eagle how it flies? No, because that's what they were made to do!"
Gerard K. Cohen loves front end engineering so much that he is on a mission to make sure that the web is inclusive to all users, making rich internet experiences available for all. He believes a great user experience includes performance and accessibility.
Gerard lives in Oakland with his wife and Betta fish, Squiggles, and when he is not sleeping or drinking Zombies at tiki bars, he helps raise awareness by speaking at Front End and Accessibility conferences around the country