Presented at 4:00pm in Waverly on Thursday, November 15, 2018.#17347
- Cammie Truesdell, M. Ed., New Editions Consulting
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: All Levels
- Type of session: General Conference
Get an overview of AbleData’s resources to help faculty, administrators and students with disabilities find assistive technologies (AT) to assist them in performing educational tasks. We will help you understand different AT options and support programs available to accommodate student needs and how to help them achieve equal access.
Success for many students with disabilities is having the appropriate accommodations and tools to perform at their level best. Accommodations need to be customized to each student’s needs and learning styles. AbleData is the premier source for impartial information on products, solutions and resources to improve productivity and ease life’s tasks. We assist faculty, administrators and students in understanding assistive technology (AT) options and support programs available to help students with their accommodation needs.
AbleData boasts over 45,000 products from 5,000 companies, and a listing of over 3,600 AT and disability resources. This session will provide an overview of these resources to find technology and tools to help students achieve equal access through accommodations.
AbleData is a program of the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation (NIDILRR).
- Find AT that can be accommodations for students with disabilities through AbleData’s database.
- Find additional resources (information guides and factsheets, AT programs and organizations).
- Understand additional tools AbleData offers.
Assistive Technology, Uncategorized