Scheduled at 4:00pm in WB III on Thursday, November 16.#10254
- Kimberly Doberstein, Developer, University of Minnesota
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: Beginner
- Type of session: General Conference
Discover assumptions that make implementing accessibility difficult, what web professionals say is preventing them from coding for accessibility and what are some possible approaches to support web professionals.
There are many assumptions for why web developers, designers, and content providers don’t always account for web accessibility. When trying to assist web professionals using these assumptions, not a lot of progress was made.
Instead of trying the same old things, the presenter took a step back and asked web professionals themselves what are their barriers for implementing accessibility. Some of the results where far from what we expected.
In this session we will present assumptions that make implementing accessibility difficult, what web professionals say is preventing them from coding for accessibility and what are some possible approaches to support web professionals.
- Assumptions preventing web accessibility
- Barriers for web professionals from implementing web accessibility
- Possible approaches to support web professionals
Information Technology, Uncategorized