- Gian Wild, Ms, AccessibilityOz
- Length of Session: 5-6-hr
- Format: Bring-your-own Device Workshop: Mobile device, headphones, laptop (if possible)
- Expertise Level: Beginner
- Type of session: Pre-conference
Learn how to test mobile sites and native apps with the new accessibility testing guidelines.
- Learn about mobile testing concepts and methods.
- Get hands-on experience in using the new test process.
- Learn how to apply testing methods in practice for different platforms and different situations.
Cognitive/Learning, Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Mobility, Vision
Accessible Course Design, Uncategorized, Web/Media Access
Gian works in the area of web accessibility: making sure web sites and mobile apps can be used by people with disabilities. She spent six years contributing to the international set of web accessibility guidelines used around the world and is also the CEO and Founder of AccessibilityOz. With offices in Australia and the United States, AccessibilityOz has been operating for five years. Its clients include the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, Optus, Seek and Foxtel. A 2017 Australian of the Year award nominee, Gian splits her time between Australia the US. A regular speaker at conferences around the world, in 2015 she presented to the United Nations on the importance of web accessibility at the Conference of State Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.