- Elisa Lewis, Content Marketing Manager, 3Play Media
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: Beginner
- Type of session: General Conference
In this session we'll explore strategies for enabling an accessible, engaging, and efficient online classroom, whether it is alone or in combination with in-person elements.
Walk away from this presentation with an understanding of best practices from e-learning institutions. Discover essential tools to enhance the learning experience along with strategies for training faculty. Better understand how accessibility can benefit all students, and learn about USFSP research on the benefits of closed captioning for students. Leave the session with actionable steps to bring back to your institution and virtual or hybrid classroom.
- 60% of those with hearing loss are in the workforce or in an educational setting, and may be in your course.
- Accessibility tools benefits all students and learners and improves retention and focus.
- Discover actionable steps to implement accessibility into your hybrid classroom.
Cognitive/Learning, Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Vision
Accessible Course Design, Accessible Educational Materials, Captioning/Transcription, Research, Teaching about Accessibility in Curriculum, Uncategorized, Web/Media Access
Elisa Edelberg Lewis is a Content Marketing Manager at 3Play Media. She creates and produces educational content related to all things web and video accessibility. You can find her blogs, white papers and webinars online or see her present live at accessibility-focused conferences around the country. Her passion for making the world a more accessible and equal place is what inspires her to continue working on projects such as Faces Behind the Screen, which showcases the experiences of those who are d/Deaf, hard of hearing, blind, and low vision. Outside of the office you may find Elisa spending time with her rescue dog, Emmie, or working on her latest craft project.