- Jennifer Lucas, Instructional Media Specialist, Portland Community College
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Bring-your-own Device Workshop: Internet-capable device with vector graphic authoring software
- Expertise Level: Intermediate
- Type of session: General Conference
- Inadequately described complex graphics can be a significant barrier.
- Interactive graphics provide a more engaging experience for all students.
- New production interface makes this media more attainable for instructors and designers.
Accessible Course Design, Accessible Educational Materials, Uncategorized
Jennifer started at PCC in the Disability Services office in 2019, supporting students in-class and through the design and fabrication of assistive tools. As the college shifted to remote operations, she began developing new methods of presenting accessible and engaging digital material with a focus on SVGs and task automation. In Fall of 2020 she started splitting her time with the Online Learning department, and worked with the media access team to create an in-house captioning workflow. In February of 2021 she went full-time with Online Learning as an Instructional Media Specialist, and has been supporting the STORI team while implementing automation tools to utilize a cohesive accessible media player (Able Player) in the new developments.