- Darrin Evans, Director Virtual Learning Community Professional Development Center, North Carolina Community College System
- Length of Session: 2-hr
- Format: Lab
- Expertise Level: Beginner
- Type of session: General Conference
In this presentation I will make the case for replacing PDF files with reflowable EPUBS.
This presentation will demonstrate the advantages EPUB files have over PDF's and ways faculty and staff in higher education can use EPUB files to replace the PDF's they use in their work. We will demonstrate a workflow that allows users to create EPUB files from structured accessible word documents.
- PDF files are difficult and time consuming to make accessible.
- EPUB files have all the advantages of PDF files and are easier to make accessible.
- The WordToEPUB free application makes creating accessible EPUB's quick and easy.
Accessible Educational Materials, EPUB Track, Teaching about Accessibility in Curriculum, Uncategorized, Universal Design for Learning
Darrin Evans is an Accessibility Technologist and the Director of the North Carolina Virtual Learning Communities Professional Development Center. Darrin has a Master’s in Instructional Technology Darrin has over 15 years of experience in eLearning and accessibility of digital content. The Virtual Learning Community is a partnership between the 58 community colleges of the North Carolina Community College System and Wake Technical Community College. Darrin enjoys technology and is always looking for ways to make digital content more accessible to all learners. In his spare time he is a very slow marathon swimmer.