Scheduled at 8:00am in Standley II Lab on Thursday, November 16 ().#10246
- Pamela Starks, Coordinator- Disability Support Services, Front Range Community College
- Carol Nees, , Kurzweil Education
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lab
- Expertise Level: Beginner
- Type of session: General Conference
Participants will learn about the extensive capabilities and features of Kurzweil 3000 for students with reading and learning disabilities. Kurzweil supports reading, vocabulary, note taking, study skills, writing, mind mapping, magnification, and test taking. Learn how to save time in alternate format processing. Learn how to integrate tools to support a diverse range of students.
Participants will learn how to save time and provide students with timely access through the integration of Kurzweil 3000 with Firefly. Learn how Pam successfully integrated a Kurzweil 3000 with Firefly site license at a Community College to create on time access for students, cut cost and efficiently service an increased case load of students with reading and learning disabilities. Explore the various Kurzweil tools which will allow students to maximize their potential in reading and comprehension, vocabulary building, reading the internet, writing, notetaking, test taking, and mind mapping.
- How to save time by utilizing license management and report tools.
- Upload documents for ease of student use, and how to effectively move documents through the Universal Library.
- Simplify training so that students will adopt the tools, and use them to support their success.
Cognitive/Learning, Other, Vision
Alternate Format, Assistive Technology, Uncategorized, Web/Media Access
Pam Starks is the Assistive Technology Coordinator for the Disability Services office at the Boulder County Campus of Front Range Community College. She has worked in the field of assistive technology for more than fifteen years. Pam assists students in finding technology tools for their success each semester.
Carol Nees has 15 years’ of experience in higher education, she is currently working for Kurzweil in a consulting role and the Senior Account Executive for the states of: Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Alabama and Tennessee.