Scheduled at 9:15am in Cotton Creek I on Thursday, November 17 (2016).#4563
- Krista Greear, Accessibility Strategist, Blackboard
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Expertise Level: Intermediate
- Type of session: General Conference
Instructors love PDFs. Disability service offices typically don't, unless they are made accessible. Come learn how one institution has strived to improve PDF accessibility on campus.
Using data, the speaker will identify issues regarding the accessibility of PDFs that instructors use in their curriculum. Also, the speaker will identify strategies to support faculty on campus when there is not yet administrator buy-in for campus-wide efforts.
- Share how one university used data to initiate conversations for change with faculty
- Brainstorm best practices that can be modified at any campus for easy-wins regarding faculty-shared content
- Identify partners on your campus to collaborate with.
Alternate Format, Faculty Instruction/Accessible Course Design
An enthusiastic, data-driven individual, Krista is passionate about inclusivity. With 10 years of experience in higher education accessibility, Krista’s focus is to accelerate the educational landscape regarding digital content. Her expertise is in document and video accessibility, although is interested in web and application accessibility as well.
Leveraging her Master of Education in Educational Technology, Krista is interested in the intersection of accessibility, inclusion, and instructional design. She is excited about improving the educational experience for all students by working with administrators, faculty, and students to make changes at a system level.
- faculty-responses-about-documents-used-in-class-spring-quarter-2016 (docx)
- faculty-responses-about-documents-used-in-class-spring-quarter-2016 (PDF)