Scheduled at 10:30am in Cotton Creek I on Monday, November 18.#29694
- Becky Gibson, Sr. Accessibility Strategist, Knowbility
- Robert Jolly, Technology Director, Knowbility
- Length of Session: 5-6-hr
- Format: Bring-your-own Device Workshop: Laptop and modern Web Browser for web site review and hands-on testing
- Expertise Level: Beginner
- Type of session: Pre-conference
The big picture overview for any stage of implementing an accessibility program across an organization. Starting with the institutional evaluation and providing tools and methodology for each stage, our team will take you through what you need to put in place a process to ensure that you reach and maintain your accessibility goals.
The big picture overview for any stage of implementing an accessibility program across an organization. Starting with the institutional evaluation and providing tools and methodology for each stage, our team will take you through what you need to put in place a process to ensure that you reach and maintain your accessibility goals. Depending on class size and composition, we may break into smaller groups to facilitate learning about the steps to accessibility including the practical aspects of how to:
* Engage stakeholders (all of them) * Recruit executive sponsor * Set explicit goals/standards * Define success * Adopt/create an explicit policy * Assess current status * Build and integrate teams Train across roles * Integrate support structures * Test, measure, report * Evaluate, repeat * Integrate inclusive design into the general process (sustain)
- Engage your organization in accessibility
- Develop and deploy accessibility
- Sustain accessibility over the long run
Assistive Technology, eBooks, Information Technology, Uncategorized, Web/Media Access
Becky is a recognized expert in the field of digital inclusion and enabling accessible solutions. Her extensive career as an Accessibility Architect at IBM impacted products, customer strategy, and industry standards. She is passionate about making Web and mobile applications usable for people of all abilities. She participated in the creation of W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG) and developed and evangelized the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) specification. Becky is a recognized expert in the accessibility field and works with clients, partners, and is an invited speaker at conferences.
Knowbility’s Technology Director, Robert Jolly, has 20 years’ experience in the web design and development industry working with and leading projects for The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, Georgetown University, Zappos, Nintendo, Time Inc., ESPN, American Airlines, JetBlue, and many others.
Robert is a member of the W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) Education and Outreach Working Group (EOWG), where he promotes web accessibility to a global audience of professionals by developing educational content in the form of tutorials, examples, and other documentation. Additionally, he evangelizes web accessibility through events and conferences for designers, developers, and project managers.