- Vicki Brightbill, Web Content and Accessibility Specialist, Pennsylvania State Universitiy
- Length of Session: 2-hr
- Format: Lab
- Expertise Level: Intermediate
- Type of session: General Conference
Using Powerpoint and Word files with numerous accessibility errors, we will work through the files correcting errors, saving as an Adobe PDF, and then correcting the remaining errors which Acrobat detects.
We'll start with a Powerpoint file and a Word file with numerous accessibility errors and work systematically through correcting errors. We will save the corrected files as PDFs, and then correct the remaining errors which Acrobat detects. At the end of the session, the attendee will be able to quickly and efficiently correct the most common accessibility errors in Word and Powerpoint, resulting in a PDF file that contains only a few minor errors that still need to be fixed.
- It is important that Word and Powerpoint documents be accessible.
- This hands-on session will walk you through correcting typical accessibility errors.
- Save those now-accessible files as PDFs and easily correct the few remaining errors in Acrobat.
Accessible Educational Materials, Uncategorized
Responsible for accessibility monitoring and remediation, as well as website content, for the Penn State University Libraries Website, plus several mini-sites.
Involved in accessibility for almost 20 years.