Presented at 10:30am in Gov Square 12 on Friday, November 19, 2021.#34511
- Mike Paciello, Vice President, ADAmerica, AbleDocs
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Interactive/Discussion
- Expertise Level: All Levels
- Type of session: General Conference
We'll help you recognize the need for different approaches and best practices for successfully implementing a campus-wide document accessibility strategy.
During this one-hour interactive presentation, we’ll discuss various approaches needed to implement a campus-wide document accessibility strategy successfully. There’s a need to adopt different methods in the educational field to help you meet your legal obligations and the needs of your students with disabilities and staff.
It is vital to know where you stand with your public-facing documents; how many are fully accessible, and how many need to be made accessible?
Knowing how you’re going to handle the remediation of your current documents, as well as how you will take on remediating all future documents, can be overwhelming. We’ll guide you through the best practices for a campus-wide document accessibility strategy and how AbleDocs can help you achieve your goals.
- A document accessibility strategy will help you ensure you’re legally compliant.
- Students and staff face challenges in learning when documents are inaccessible.
- Using best practices in your document accessibility strategy can help you be a more accessible campus.
Cognitive/Learning, Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Psychological, Vision
Accessible Course Design, Accessible Educational Materials, Administrative/Campus Policy, Alternate Format, Assistive Technology, EPUB Track, Faculty Development & Support, Legal, Procurement, Uncategorized