Table of Contents
- 1 Exhibit Hall Directory
- 1.1 3Play Media (Gold Sponsor)
- 1.2 AccessibilityOz (Platinum Keynote Dinner Sponsor)
- 1.3 Adobe (Computer Lab Sponsor)
- 1.4 Access Innovation Media (Ai-Media) (Lanyard Sponsor)
- 1.5 Appligent Document Solutions (Bronze Sponsor)
- 1.6 Blackboard (Gold Sponsor)
- 1.7 Commonlook (Bronze Sponsor)
- 1.8 Cyxtera (Bronze Sponsor)
- 1.9 Deque (Bronze Sponsor)
- 1.10 Enhanced Vision/Freedom Scientific/Optelec/The Paciello Group (Gold Sponsor)
- 1.11 Onix (Gold Sponsor)
- 1.12 Perkins School for the Blind (Gold Sponsor)
- 1.13 QA Info Tech (Silver Sponsor)
- 1.14 Sonocent (Gold Sponsor)
- 1.15 Texthelp (Bronze Sponsor)
- 1.16 Access Text Network
- 1.17 Alternative Communication Services
- 1.18 Automatic Sync Technologies
- 1.19 BeeLine Reader
- 1.20 Crawford Technologies
- 1.21 Dinolytics
- 1.22 Docsoft Inc
- 1.23 eSSENTIAL Accessibility Inc
- 1.24 Eye to Eye
- 1.25 IAAP/G3ict
- 1.26 Kurzweil Education
- 1.27 Level Access
- 1.28 Matchware
- 1.29 Note taking Express
- 1.30 Pubcom
- 1.31 sComm
- 1.32 Sensus ApS
- 1.33 Spellex Corporation
- 1.34 Tech for All Consulting
- 2 Exhibitor Presentations* – Westminster Foyer
- 3 2018 AHG Exhibit Hall Schedule
Exhibit Hall Directory
3Play Media (Gold Sponsor)
- Edelberg, Elisa
- Accessible Video Made Easy. 3Play Media provides closed captioning, transcription, and audio description to more than 2,500 customers in higher education, enterprise, entertainment, and government. 3Play Media simplifies the process of making videos accessible through flexible APIs, integrations with video players and platforms, simple plugins, and a user-friendly online account system.
AccessibilityOz (Platinum Keynote Dinner Sponsor)
- Bouchat, Sam
- AccessibilityOz is an accessibility consultancy based in Australia and the United States. They work to ensure that clients meet accessibility requirements, by providing assistance during fixes and instructional information through AccessibilityOz’s products, OzWiki and OzART. AccessibilityOz offers a range of accessibility services and products to organizations around the world.
Adobe (Computer Lab Sponsor)
- Haverty, Rob
- Adobe gives you everything you need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps across every screen.
Access Innovation Media (Ai-Media) (Lanyard Sponsor)
- Sanossian, Sue
- Ai-Media is dedicated to ending the experience of social, educational and vocational exclusion by creating economic access solutions for people with disabilities. Ai-Media’s US, Canadian, UK and Australian offices operate 24-7-365 to deliver accurate real-time captioning and transcription services. We work with committed partners, contributing to a more inclusive world.
Appligent Document Solutions (Bronze Sponsor)
- Gavin, Virginia
- Appligent Document Solutions provides high quality Accessibility Services and Remediation of PDF documents. Our Education customers rely on us for excellent advice and service in providing accessible content. Email us at Section508@appligent.com.
Blackboard (Gold Sponsor)
- Bond, Aaron
- Blackboard Ally is a revolutionary product that integrates seamlessly into the Learning Management System and focuses on making digital course content more accessible.
Commonlook (Bronze Sponsor)
- Herr, David
- CommonLook® is a world-leading provider of software products and professional services enabling government agencies and corporations to meet their obligations for electronic document accessibility to achieve compliance accessibility standards.
Cyxtera (Bronze Sponsor)
- Yokota, Kristin
- Compliance Sheriff, a Cyxtera solution, allows you to make your website accessible. Cyxtera delivers web accessibility software and a comprehensive framework for web accessibility built upon extensive research and decades of global industry experience to develop a practical and robust accessibility model. Our customers have leveraged Compliance Sheriff to shape customer’s accessibility policies and practices.
Deque (Bronze Sponsor)
- Cuschnir, Stefani
- Deque Systems is a leading provider of web and mobile accessibility software and services. Striving to provide practical accessibility solutions that reflect real-world development environments, Deque works with a broad range of clients to not only fix their inaccessible content but to integrate accessibility into their existing design and development processes through the use of automation and training. The Deque agile approach to accessibility ensures that organizations that have the toolset to make large and complex websites accessible.
Enhanced Vision/Freedom Scientific/Optelec/The Paciello Group (Gold Sponsor)
- Wood, Mike
- Empowering Independence
Vispero™ is the world’s leading assistive technology provider for the visually impaired and owner of the brands Ai Squared, Enhanced Vision, Freedom Scientific, Optelec and The Paciello Group. All of the Vispero brands have a long history of developing and providing innovative solutions for blind and low vision individuals, helping them to reach their full potential.
Onix (Gold Sponsor)
- Needles, Pat
- Equidox by Onix™ empowers organizations to easily and cost effectively convert inaccessible PDFs into WCAG 2.0 AA-compliant HTML and accessible PDF and EPUB 2 content. Leverage the Equidox web-based conversion tool for in-house document remediation or outsource your project to their PDF Conversion Services team. Onix also offers website and application accessibility testing, training, and consulting to help organizations break down the barriers to information access and reach everyone in their potential audience.
Perkins School for the Blind (Gold Sponsor)
- Aussant, Gary
- Perkins School for the Blind, a world leader in services for people with visual impairments and other disabilities for almost 200 years, knows all about making the world more accessible to reduce barriers. Our history, combined with our extensive experience in digital accessibility, has led our accessibility consulting group, Perkins Access, to become a trusted adviser to companies, governments and educational institutions around the world.
QA Info Tech (Silver Sponsor)
- QA InfoTech is a leading independent software testing company with a workforce of 1300+ QA engineers and domain experts. We cater globally to a number of clients in varied domains with our gamut of testing services which include- Manual-Functional testing, Automation testing, Performance testing, Security testing, Globalization-Localization testing, and a niche in Accessibility testing with our novel paired testing approach wherein one visually impaired engineer conducts the test coverage with a sighted engineer to produce realistic and expedient results.
Sonocent (Gold Sponsor)
- Nathan-Moss, Craig
- The future of note taking. Hello from Sonocent! We develop software that enables students to achieve more. Our tools combine audio, color highlighting, text, images and presentation slides all into a single visual and kinesthetic workspace for learning. With our software you can visualize speech from audio recordings, making audio as easy to access and manipulate as text. Sonocent Audio Notetaker can be used to help learners take notes in class, compose essays, practice presentations and more. We’re proud to have already helped over 120,000 students, and be used by more than 300 US colleges and extensively in the UK.
Texthelp (Bronze Sponsor)
- Brown, Paul
- Hello we’re Texthelp. We believe that literacy is every student’s passport to success. We create smart, user-friendly literacy and learning solutions, that provide the personalized support each student needs; through reading, writing, math and research features.
Access Text Network
- Evans, Dawn
- The AccessText Network provides an easy way for Disability Service Providers to request textbook files from leading publishers on behalf of students with disabilities. Membership is free.
Alternative Communication Services
- Andrews, Jeff
- The mission of Alternative Communication Services (ACS) is to provide the highest quality voice-to-text and sign language services possible, delivering these services to consumers throughout the world, and recognizing the unique strengths of each individual in the process.
Automatic Sync Technologies
- Morgan, Art
- Quality matters. Automate the process, keep the learning. CaptionSync by AST was developed more than fourteen years ago, in collaboration with a team of expert advisers from higher education and with funding from an SBIR grant from the U.S. Department of Education. Today AST’s CaptionSync service is the most cost-efficient, high quality, transcription, captioning and audio description service available.
- Lum, Nick
- Color is the new black. BeeLine Reader is a startup that has developed an alternative text format that helps many readers with dyslexia, ADHD, and various vision impairments. This approach uses line-wrapping color gradients, which pull the readers’ eyes through the text. Independent educational testing has shown strong benefits for reading fluency and reading comprehension, and vision experts at Stanford Medical School and UC Berkeley School of Optometry recommend BeeLine Reader to patients. BeeLine Reader is a social-impact focused startup that has won awards from Stanford University, NewSchools Venture Fund, and The Tech Museum of Innovation. BeeLine Reader was recently recognized at the UN Solutions Summit for its impact in accessibility and education.
- Koppenhofer, Doug
- Crawford Technologies is an award-winning, global provider of software solutions for the transformation, manipulation and validation of customer communication data in multiple output channels. We offer a range of services and solutions enabling our enterprise clients to deliver communications such as bills and statements as well as marketing and business documents in accessible format for their blind and partially-sighted customers. CrawfordTech’s mission is to ensure that all companies are in compliance with global accessibility legislation. Using our revolutionary software architecture, MasterONE, we are helping banks, insurance and utility companies and telecoms and healthcare providers achieve this goal. At CrawfordTech we believe in a world where “every document is an accessible document.”
- Pope, Jay
- Powered by WAVE. Web Accessibility evaluation powered by WAVE, built for higher ed. We partnered with WebAIM to create a simple to use, impactful enterprise, web accessibility scanning platform.
- Robichaux, Michael
- Liberating Speech. Docsoft is a software development company that specializes in providing an in house solution for captioning your content. Through our “appliance” solution Docsoft can automatically transcribe, time code and provide a unique way of captioning your content for the deaf and hard of hearing.
eSSENTIAL Accessibility Inc
- Zirkle, Kara
- eSSENTIAL Accessibility is a digital accessibility solutions provider. We offer a comprehensive digital accessibility solution to help organizations enhance the digital experience for customers with disabilities, remain compliant with standards and regulations, and project an inclusive and disability-friendly only presence.
Eye to Eye
- Kissner, Tori
- Unlocking greatness in the 1 in 5 who learn differently. Eye to Eye is a national, award-winning mentoring program for students with learning and attention issues. We train high school and college students with learning differences, including dyslexia and ADHD, to mentor similarly-identified middle school students. We are an easy-to-implement social-emotional intervention with high-impact results.
- Lee, Christopher
- The mission of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP) is to define, promote and improve the accessibility profession globally through networking, education and certification in order to enable the creation of accessible products, content and services. Higher Education is our fastest growing segment within our membership. We have developed a Higher Education Community of Practice and developed specific programs and resources to assist in implementing an accessibility strategy campus-wide.
- Nees, Carol
- Kurzweil Education: Learning without boundaries, without barriers. Developing the ability to independently access any content on any device is an important skill for students with learning differences. Our products, k1000 for students with blindness or low vision, and k3000 for students with learning difficulties, unlocks their potential to access curriculum materials, build literacy and accessibility skills, and make real academic progress.
- Didier, Paige
- Level Access provides award-winning digital accessibility solutions to over 1,000 organizations. Level Access’s mission is to ensure technology is accessible to people with disabilities and the growing aging population.
- Conrad, Brandon
- MatchWare is a global leader in assistive technology. The “MindView” software is a visual learning tool designed to help students develop ideas visually and then export into different MS Office/Google formats.
Note taking Express
- Goerz, Daniel
- Note Taking Express is a specialist note taking company which delivers bullet point notes through their web-based software platform NTEHub. Students can then use their audio or video recordings to prepare a full essay or revision notes using NTEHub Writer.
- PubCom — technologists for accessible design + publishing. Our accessibility services include classes, remediation, DYI books, workflow solutions, and custom accessible templates for Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe InDesign. We’re PDF and EPUB experts.
- Curry, Jason
- sComm is the manufacturer of the UbiDuo 2 communication device. The UbiDuo 2 enables deaf, hard of hearing and hearing individuals to communicate with each other face-to-face anywhere on campus when the interpreter is not available. The UbiDuo 2 allows deaf or hard of hearing people to interact freely with hearing people anywhere, anytime, in the work and social settings on campus.
- Stevns, Tanja
- SensusAccess – Alternate Media Made Easy. Promoting independence and self-sufficiency amongst students with disabilities, SensusAccess® is a self-service solution that automates the conversion of documents into a range of alternative formats including Braille, MP3, Daisy, digital large-print and e-books in 20+ languages. SensusAccess also converts inaccessible and tricky documents into more accessible formats. Subject to a service agreement, SensusAccess can be accessed directly, through LTI plug-ins to popular learning management systems and through a web API.
- Petrillo, Vince
- Since 1988, Spellex has been a global leader in Assistive Technology solutions by providing corporations, government, and academia with high-quality and cost-effective AT solutions. Spellex’s flagship product, Spellex Write-Assist provides students and professionals with dyslexia and other communication disorders the tools necessary to improve their spelling and literacy.
Tech for All Consulting
- Ober, Elaine
- Making Technology Accessible for Everyone. Tech for All is an international accessibility and universal design consulting firm serving educational institutions, government agencies, nonprofit organizations, small companies and Fortune 500 corporations. Tech for All’s sole mission is to help its clients successfully address the challenges of making their products, services, websites, kiosks, and mobile apps accessible for all, including people with disabilities. TFA offers a broad range of accessibility support services including training, planning, evaluation, remediation, implementation, and monitoring.
Exhibitor Presentations* – Westminster Foyer
*Presentation has been changed from original listing in program book. Check the white-board for updates & additions
|Wednesday, Nov 14||
|9:00 – 9:30 a.m.||Commonlook||
Using CommonLook PDF GlobalAccess to remediate and verify PDF documents for Accessibility, David Herr
|9:40 – 10:10 a.m.||
Empowering Through Assistive Technology, Vince Petrillo
|11:15 – 11:45 a.m.||
The shortcomings of traditional note-taking accommodations and how Sonocent can help, Craig Nathan-Moss
|2:30 – 2:55 p.m.||
IAAP’s Higher Education Community of Practice, Christopher Lee
|3:05 – 3:30 p.m.||
Quick Start to Accessible Video, Elisa Edelberg
|3:40 – 4:00 p.m.||
Mobile Considerations For Text Accessibility, Nick Lum
|4:10 – 4:30 p.m.||
|Thursday, Nov 15||
|9:00 – 9:25 a.m.||
|Dinolytics Powered by WAVE, Jay Pope||
|9:35 – 10:00 a.m.||
Equidox by Onix: PDF Remediation in Under a Minute, Pat Needles
|10:10 – 10:35 a.m.||
Enhanced Vision/Freedom Scientific/Optelec
VFO Accessibility Licensing for the Higher Ed Enterprise, Mike Wood
|10:45 – 11:15 a.m.||
Face-to-Face Communication – Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and hearing, Jason Curry
|2:30 – 3:15 p.m.||
Captioning-It’s Time.., Michael Robichaux
|3:25 – 3:50 p.m.||
Using Smartphones and barcodes to make Documents Accessible, Doug Koppenhofer
|4:00 – 4:30 p.m.||
Eye to Eye, Inc.
Eye to Eye Mentoring Program: How We Help Serve Your Students, Tori Kissner
2018 AHG Exhibit Hall Schedule
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
8:00 am – 9 am Exhibitor Setup
9:00 am – 6:30 pm Exhibit Hall Open
10:15 – 11:15 am Exhibit Hall Refreshment Break
4:30 – 6:30 pm Exhibit Hall Reception
Thursday, November 15, 2018
9:00 am – 5:00 pm Exhibit Hall Open
10:15 – 11:15 am Exhibit Hall Refreshment Break
3:15 – 4:00 pm Exhibit Hall Refreshment Break