Presented at 8:00am in Standley II Lab on Wednesday, November 16, 2016.#4543
- Brenda Brueggemann, Dr. , University of Connecticut
- Length of Session: 2-hr
- Expertise Level: Not provided
- Type of session: General Conference
Discussion of captioning's history and context, followed by hands-on workshop with critical and creative approaches to captioning videos/events based on audience, tone, aesthetics, impact.
Beginning with a brief and bold history of captioning and its development, this presentation would then move to illustrate a number of different critical and creative ways to approach the captioning of a video or live event. The participants would then be asked to workshop several videos/events in smaller groups and to develop ideas for critical and creative captioning approaches that might be applied to that video/event. Consideration of audience, tone, aesthetics, impact would be applied, interactively.
- critical approaches to captioning
- creative approaches to captioning
- history and context of captioning
Cognitive/Learning, Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Other
Assistive Technology, Web/Media Access