Scheduled at 3:00pm in Virtual D on Tuesday, November 17.#32468
- Kathleen Wahlbin, CEO & Founder, The Paciello Group
- John Egan, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw
- Length of Session: 2-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: Beginner
- Type of session: General Conference
Learn about recent developments in website and mobile app accessibility in the context of higher education. This webinar will address accessibility compliance, recent legal developments, and practical strategies for mitigating legal risk and providing access.
Join Kathy Wahlbin, GM of The Paciello Group, and John W. Egan, Esq., of Seyfarth Shaw LLP, for an informative presentation on recent developments in website and mobile app accessibility in the context of higher education. This webinar will address website accessibility compliance, recent legal developments, and practical strategies for mitigating legal risk and providing access. Program highlights will include:
- What is an accessible website or mobile app?
- Legal framework for digital accessibility under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Legal and regulatory developments in digital accessibility for institutions of higher learning
- Post-COVID-19 remote learning challenges
- Common “pitfalls” and challenges for making digital properties accessible
- Best practices and strategies for delivering digital accessibility compliance
- Legal framework for digital accessibility under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the ADA.
- Legal and regulatory developments in digital accessibility for institutions of higher learning.
- Post-COVID-19 remote learning challenges, common “pitfalls” and strategies for digital accessibility.
Legal, Uncategorized, Web/Media Access
Kathy Wahlbin is a digital accessibility expert and general manager of The Paciello Group; she has been working in the field of accessibility since 2001. As an invited expert of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group, W3C Mobile Accessibility Task Force, and the WCAG 2.0 Evaluation Methodology Task Force, she regularly contributes to the development of new accessibility standards, guidelines, techniques and methodologies.
John W. Egan, Esq. is a partner at Seyfarth Shaw LLP, where he defends public accommodations, housing providers, and employers in civil rights litigation throughout the United States. As a member of Seyfarth’s ADA Title III national specialty team, John focuses his practice on disability access issues. John has extensive experience in single plaintiff and class action litigation involving website accessibility, architectural barriers, effective communication, service animals, and other issues arising under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Housing Act (FHA), as well as state and local disability access laws.