Table of Contents
- 1 November 18 – 20, 2015
- 2 Instructions for Access
- 3 Steps to Login & Enter Conference (On the day of the event)
- 4 Date/Time of Virtual Sessions
- 5 Accessibility
November 18 – 20, 2015
Instructions for Access
- URL for Main Conference Track A sessions
- URL for Main Conference Track B sessions
- Tech support for online interface
- URL for caption stream
- Testing your system before the event
- Adobe Connect System recommendations (off-site link)
- Main Conference virtual agenda and associated links to each session
- Watching the webinar post-broadcast
URL for Main Conference Track A (Nov. 18-20)
URL for Main Conference Track B (Nov. 19-21)
*(Note: for the keynote & plenary lunch time sessions on, respectively, Wednesday & Thursday, you will need to log temporarily onto the Track A url.)
Steps to Login & Enter Conference (On the day of the event)
1. Click on the URL (see above) to enter the proper Virtual track.
2. Enter in the room as a GUEST. ID & password are not required.
3. Enter your real first and last name along with the name of your institution. Click or select the ENTER ROOM button
(Important: for "name", enter your first and last name and the name of your institution. Attendees who do not enter this information – i.e. enter an anonymous name – will be asked to leave the event and re-enter with an identifiable name and institution. If you’re registered as an individual and are not affiliated with an institution, you may enter your first and last name without an institution name. You can add other information, if you like, such as your title.)
Date/Time of Virtual Sessions
Reminder: the first main conference sessions will start on Wednesday, Nov. 18 at 8:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time/ 9:00 Central/ 10:00 Eastern/ 7:00 Pacific. We recommend that you connect to the event a half-hour prior to the start time to ensure you have a good connection to the stream.
If you are not able to obtain help through the above contacts, you can also reach the conference coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by chat at email@example.com.
All our online events include real-time captioning. We are using Adobe Connect to stream the virtual confernece. The captioning will be transmitted through Adobe’s captioning pod. The video recording of the webcast will be posted with captioning following the event. (This usually takes one to two weeks).
Adobe Connect is screenreader accessible, more or less, although access can sometimes be cumbersome. For those using screenreaders, we suggest consulting the following tips for accessing the Connect interface with a screenreader.
Captioning will be presented by default through the captioning pod that is part of the Adobe Connect Interface. Everyone will see this stream located below the PowerPoint/slides window. The caption pod window cannot be removed or resized.
Alternative Caption Stream
In case the caption pod crashes (this has happened rarely in the past), or if you would like to watch the captioning in a window you can resize, use the alternate captioning stream urls below.
URLs for caption streams
- Track A Caption Stream: http://www.streamtext.net/player?event=AHG-1
- Track B Caption Stream: http://www.streamtext.net/player?event=AHG-2
- Lunch events: http://www.streamtext.net/player?event=AHG-3
Testing your System
Watching the Webinar post-broadcast
The Virtual Conference sessions will be recorded and available with captioning (about 1 to 2 weeks) after the broadcast.