Scheduled at 4:00pm in Cotton Creek II on Thursday, November 16.#9235
- Robert Beach, Assistive Technology Specialist, Kansas City KS Comm. Col.
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: All Levels
- Type of session: General Conference
The usability of Android systems for the blind has improved in the last few years. This session will show how a blind user can utilize an Android device using a screen reader.
Android devices are becoming more and more effective and efficient for blind users. This session will look at how effectively a blind user can navigate and use the Android operating system. We will also look at a few tools a blind user can access for activities such as reading, scheduling appointments, making notes, etc.
- Android is becoming a very viable option for blind users
- Explore some of the accessibility features for blind users
- Demonstrate some tools that are accessible for blind users
Assistive Technology, Uncategorized
Robert has been the Assistive Technology Specialist at Kansas City Kansas Community College since January of 1994. He is a member of AHEAD and ATHEN. He currently serves on the ATHEN Executive Board as a Member at Large Representative and on the Advisory Council for the Assistive Technology for Kansans Project. He has presented several sessions at previous Accessing Higher Ground conferences as well as other regional and national conferences.