Scheduled at 8:00am in Cotton Creek II on Thursday November, 17.#5649
- Howard Kramer, Accessible Technology Coordinator, Miami University
- Length of Session: 1-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: All Levels
- Type of session: General Conference
Everyone talks about Web Accessibility, but what are all of the areas that fall within the responsibility of "Web" Accessibility? This presentation will walk through these various areas and discuss how they play integrated and equally separate roles.
Web Accessibility at a college or university covers many different areas other than just websites or web applications. This presentation will cover areas such as Library, Policy, Procurement, Content, Videos, etc. and review how an individual working in Web Accessibility could easily find themselves involved in these areas and discuss building accessibility into the infrastructure.
- Areas that are considered "Web" Accessibility, not just websites!
- Overall review of various areas an Accessibility Professional may cover in their role.
- Learn how to separate areas of accessibility and build relationships to help integrate into other departments.
Cognitive/Learning, Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Mobility, Other, Vision
Administrative/Campus Policy, Assistive Technology, Faculty Instruction/Accessible Course Design, Information Technology, Legal, Web/Media Access
Ms. Zirkle has over 15 years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities. Kara has worked at George Mason University as the IT Accessibility Coordinator for over 8 years. She works to ensure that Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 compliance of electronic and information technology (E&IT) is accessible to faculty, staff, students and public both with and without disabilities.