Scheduled at 8:00am in WB I on Wednesday November, 15.#10313
- Megan Lawrence, Accessibility Evangelist , Microsoft
- Malavika Rewari, Accessibility Product Marketing Manager, Microsoft
- Length of Session: 2-hr
- Format: Lecture
- Expertise Level: Beginner
- Type of session: General Conference
Come and learn how you can easily create and check the accessibility of your classroom content using Microsoft technology. We will demonstrate how Office 365 is using the trusted cloud, AI and machine learning to make accessibility a more seamless part of how you create inclusive learning environments that meet the needs of all your students.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, which includes creating and delivering technology that is accessible and usable for students and educational institutions. We recognize that delivering experiences that truly enable access and improve learning is a journey. We are working hard to ensure our products including OneNote, Word, Skype and Outlook are designed with accessibility as the foundation upon which we develop inclusive products that meet the needs of a diverse student body and staff. Microsoft strives to design and deliver experiences with accessibility built-in from day to ensure that:
• Everyone can easily create accessible content and empower digital learning environments, • People with disabilities can consume accessible content confidently, • People with and without disabilities can collaborate inclusively, and • Office 365 will help you stay organized and efficient.
- How Office 365 can be leveraged to create accessible content and personalize learning experiences.
- How Microsoft is using cloud-computing, AI and machine learning to create built-in accessiblity tools.
- How Microsoft technology can help create inclusive learning environments.
Cognitive/Learning, Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Mobility, Vision
Assistive Technology, Faculty Instruction/Accessible Course Design, Information Resources, Information Technology, Uncategorized
Megan Lawrence is an Accessibility Evangelist at Microsoft. Dr. Lawrence builds relationships with the disability community, customers, NGOs, and assistive technology partners to further Microsoft’s mission of empowering every person and organization to achieve more.
Malavika Rewari is a Product Marketing Manager in the Office Business group and shapes the work Microsoft is doing to enhance the accessibility of Office 365. She is passionate about enabling productivity and digital inclusion for people of all abilities.