- Scott Marshall, Associate Director for Instructional Technology and Accessibility, University of Minnesota
- Length of Session: .5-hr (x3)
- Expertise Level: All Levels
- Type of session: Pre-conference
If our work is to be beyond compliance and sustainable, we need to be intentional about the connections we create. Our connections to our purposes for this work and our connections to each other are critical. We will gather from 7:30-7:45 each morning (in the Library), Wednesday through Friday, to create and strengthen those connections.
I don’t think any one of us thinks compliance is our goal. Complaints and lawsuits often hijack our attention, thus our intention, and they steer us down an easy path that ends prematurely and is difficult to sustain. Instead, let’s go down the much more difficult path of commitment and accessibility. This path requires connections to clear purposes and to each other. We'll use poetry to expand and clarify our thinking about our purposes and in the process, we’ll intentionally practice creating and strengthening our relationships.
- Explore our deeper purposes for doing this work.
- Practice creating and strengthening the relationships that will allow us to sustain this work.
- Create community among conference attendees.
Administrative/Campus Policy, Other, Uncategorized
Dad, husband, disc-thrower, reader, woodworker: Scott is practicing using his privilege and gifts to make higher ed digitalia more accessible to more people.