November 14 – 18, 2016
Table of Contents
- 1 Instructions for Access
- 2 Steps to Login & Enter Conference (On the day of the event)
- 3 Instructions for Added Sites (i.e. Site Add-ons)
- 3.1 Date/Time of Virtual Sessions
- 3.2 Preparation for Pre-Conference BYO Device Sessions & Main Conference Labs*
- 3.2.1 Monday workshop a.m.: Evaluating Electronic and Information Technology (EIT) for University Procurement
- 3.2.2 Monday workshop p.m.: Writing video transcripts, captions and audio descriptions
- 3.2.3 Tuesday workshop a.m.: Mobile Accessibility Strategies & Standards – What new in 2016?
- 3.2.4 Tuesday workshop p.m.: Simplify your development life with tools, tests and procedures
- 3.2.5 Wednesday Track B Lab a.m.: Automated Testing Tools Crash Course
- 3.2.6 Wednesday Track B Lab p.m.: Generating and Using Accessible Mathematics on the Web
- 3.2.7 Friday Track B Lab a.m.: Advanced Techniques for PDF Accessibility
- 3.3 Technical Support
- 4 Accessibility
Instructions for Access
- URL for Pre-Conference sessions
- URL for Main Conference Track A sessions
- URL for Main Conference Track B sessions
- URL for Keynote & Plenary sessions
- Site Add-ons
- Start time of Virtual Pre-Conference
- Preparing for pre-conference workshops and main conference labs
- Tech support for online interface
- URL for caption stream
- Testing your system before the event
- Adobe Connect System recommendations
- Pre-Conference virtual agenda and associated links to each session
- Main Conference virtual agenda and associated links to each session
- Watching the webinar post-broadcast
URL for Pre-Conference (Nov. 14-15)
(10:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. MST)
URL for Main Conference Track A (Nov. 16-18)
URL for Main Conference Track B (Nov. 16-18)
URL for Keynote & Plenary (Nov. 16 & 17)
Steps to Login & Enter Conference (On the day of the event)
1. Click on the URL (see above) to enter the proper Virtual track.
2. Enter in the room using the guest option. ID & password are not required.
3. Enter your real first and last name along with the name of your institution. Click or select the ENTER ROOM button
(Important: for "name", enter your first and last name and the name of your institution. Attendees who do not enter this information – i.e. enter an anonymous name – will be asked to leave the event and re-enter with an identifiable name and institution. If you’re registered as an individual and are not affiliated with an institution, you may enter your first and last name without an institution name. You can add other information, if you like, such as your title.)
Instructions for Added Sites (i.e. Site Add-ons)
Site add-ons should follow the same instructions as above but enter the name of the main contact person for your location along with the department or division of the organization along with the name of your institution. Please make sure you do not log in from more sites than allowed according to your registration.
Date/Time of Virtual Sessions
Reminder: the first session, James Jackson's pre-conference BYO device workshop Evaluating Electronic and Information Technology (EIT) will start on Monday, Nov. 14 at 10:30 a.m. Mountain Standard Time/ 11:30 Central/ 12:30 Eastern/ 9:30 Pacific. We recommend that you connect to the event a half-hour prior to the start time to ensure you have a good connection to the stream.
View the entire pre-conference and main conference agenda, including break times, etc.
Preparation for Pre-Conference BYO Device Sessions & Main Conference Labs*
Monday workshop a.m.: Evaluating Electronic and Information Technology (EIT) for University Procurement
Please make sure you have a computer (Mac or PC) with the following software loaded:
- NVDA (http://www.nvaccess.org/download/) Participants with Mac computers can use VoiceOver which is built in to the Mac O/S
- Colour Contrast Analyser, which has both Windows and Mac OS versions (https://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/contrastanalyser/)
Please make sure you have a computer (Mac or PC), mouse, headphones with microphone
- Adobe Premiere
(you can download the trial version at: https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/premiere?promoid=759X6XKN&mv=other)
- Access to a YouTube account (not just access to the YouTube site, an account on YouTube )
Tuesday workshop a.m.: Mobile Accessibility Strategies & Standards – What new in 2016?
Bring an Android phone/tablet and/or iOS phone, iPad with the latest version of the OS.
Tuesday workshop p.m.: Simplify your development life with tools, tests and procedures
Any desktop operating system (Windows, Mac) with a modern browser
Wednesday Track B Lab a.m.: Automated Testing Tools Crash Course
(Mac or PC) with the Chrome and Firefox installed and the following browser add-ons:
- Accessibility Dev Tools (Chrome)
- aXe (Chrome and Firefox)
- AInspector (Firefox)
Wednesday Track B Lab p.m.: Generating and Using Accessible Mathematics on the Web
- Firefox — https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/>/li>
- NVDA — http://www.nvaccess.org/download/
- NVDA PC Keyboard Braille Input Addon — http://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/pcKeyboardBrailleInput.en.html
Friday Track B Lab a.m.: Advanced Techniques for PDF Accessibility
Windows-based PC or Mac** with following software:
- Acrobat Pro DC (okay to use trial version)* — https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/free-trial-download.html
*(Note: trial version only lasts 7 days)
**(Some features may be limited or not available on the Mac version)
*We’ll do our best to provide support during the byo device workshops and labs but make no guarantee of your ability to keep up with the pace of the class.
If you run into problems accessing the webinar, contact Matt Siriouthay from V-CUBE via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by TEXT (not voice) at (952) 250-7698.
If you are not able to obtain help through the above contacts, you can also reach the conference coordinator by email at email@example.com, by chat at firstname.lastname@example.org or TEXT (not voice) at (720) 351-8668.
All our online events include real-time captioning. We are using Adobe Connect to stream the virtual confernece. The captioning will be transmitted through Adobe’s captioning pod. The video recording of the webcast will be posted with captioning following the event. (This usually takes two weeks).
Adobe Connect is screenreader accessible, more or less, although access can sometimes be cumbersome. For those using screenreaders, we suggest consulting the following tips for accessing the Connect interface with a screenreader.
Captioning will be presented by default through the captioning pod that is part of the Adobe Connect Interface. Everyone will see this stream located below the PowerPoint/slides window. The caption pod window cannot be removed or resized.
Alternative Caption Stream
In case the caption pod crashes (this has happened rarely in the past), or if you would like to watch the captioning in a window you can resize, use the alternate captioning stream urls below.
URLs for caption streams
- Pre-conference caption stream:
- Track A Caption Stream: http://www.streamtext.net/player?event=AHGA
- Track B Caption Stream: http://www.streamtext.net/player?event=AHGB
- Lunch events: http://www.streamtext.net/player?event=PLENARY
Testing your System
To ensure that your system is ready to access the webinar, connect to the following test site: http://my.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm.
Watching the Webinar post-broadcast
The Virtual Conference sessions will be recorded and available with captioning (about 2 weeks) after the broadcast.